2017/2018 Southern Garrett Wrestling

2017/2018 Southern Garrett Wrestling

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Senior Focus - Seth Kisner

Senior Seth Kisner is in his 2nd year on the Southern Garrett Wrestling Team.  He is just coming off an MVP season on the football team and is looking to do the same for the Rams this winter.  As a first year wrestler last season, Seth made his way into the varsity starting line-up and had one of the most successful seasons a first year wrestler has ever had at Southern.  This winter, Seth has been elected team captain and looks to lead his team to a very successful 2013/2014 wrestling season.

Q&A with Seth Kisner

  1. When did you start wrestling?  "I came out for wrestling as a junior last season.  It was harder than I thought but I loved it."
  2. Why did you choose wrestling?  "I started wrestling because I was told it would help me with my football career.  I think they were right because I had a pretty good year."
  3. What are your goals for this season?  "I would love to make it to the state tournament and hopefully place there.  I went and watched last March and decided right then that it was something I was going to work hard to achieve."
  4. Who inspires you?  "My brother Matt inspires me because he is like really good at just about everything he does."
  5. What wrestler do you admire most?  "I would have to say Austin Shaffer.  He is a state champion and I watched him wrestle injured last year at states which was pretty amazing."
  6. Who would you like to thank?  "My parents for sure.  They have been amazing, supporting me all the way through football and wrestling and everything else.  I also want to thank all my coaches who have helped me succeed."
  7. What are your plans after high school?  "I plan on going to college and study to become a cop.  I also plan to play football while I am there.  I have been looking at colleges and will make my decision this winter."
  8. Do you have any advice for new wrestlers?  "Work hard, hang in there, listen to your coaches and never give up.  It is a tough sport but it is so much fun.  There will be some bad days, some hard days but in the end, it is all worth it."
  9. Any final comments?  "It is going to be a great year and we have a great team and we are shooting for another state title for Southern Wrestling."

     

No comments:

Post a Comment