2017/2018 Southern Garrett Wrestling

2017/2018 Southern Garrett Wrestling

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Senior Focus - Justyce Fulmer


Senior, Justyce Fulmer is entering his 4th year as a member of the Southern Garrett wrestling team.  He wrestled on the varsity squad for a good part of the 2012/2013 season and posted a solid 8-7 record.  He has spent a ton of time in the weight room during the off season and is ready for his final year to begin.  We sat down with Justyce this week to talk about the season and his career.

Q&A with Justyce Fulmer

  1. Why do you wrestle?  "I started wrestling to get in shape and I fell in love with the sport.  It is hard work but so much fun.  Staying in shape is really important to me and wrestling is perfect for me"
  2. When did you start wrestling?  "I started wrestling for the Southern Mat Club in the 6th grade and spent all three middle school years wrestling for them"
  3. Who is your inspiration?  "My dad.  He encourages me and inspires me."
  4. What's your advice for Freshmen? "Never give up.  There will be times that are tough, but don't give up.  In the end, you will be glad you did."
  5. What is your advice to potential wrestlers?  "Do it, you'll love it!"
  6. What are you goals for this season?  "My goal for myself is to make it to the state tournament.  I know I can do it if I work hard in practice.  My goal for the team is a state championship.  We have a good team and I hope we can do it"
  7. What do you dislike about wrestling?  "Nothing, I love it all."
  8. What is your most memorable moment?  "When I filled in on varsity and wrestled the kid from Northern.  I was told not to get pinned and I went out there, fought hard and did my job.  Everyone was really happy"
  9. Who will lead the team this year?  "We have a great group of seniors including state champ Austin Shaffer and state qualifier Tanner Massey.  I hope to join them, and the rest of the seniors, leading our team to a state championship"
  10. What will you do after graduation?  "Live a happy life!"

No comments:

Post a Comment