2017/2018 Southern Garrett Wrestling

2017/2018 Southern Garrett Wrestling

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Senior Focus - Will Foulke

Add caption
Senior Will Foulke has been a member of the Southern Garrett wrestling team for all four years of high school.  Will has also competed as a member of the football, cross country and soccer teams.  This season, he was selected by his teammates as a team captain and has emerged as a great team leader.  Will has gained valuable varsity experience during his sophomore and junior years and will make a strong impact for the Rams this season as a senior.

Q&A with Will Foulke

  1. When did you start wrestling?  "I joined the team as a freshman.  I was heavier and I thought it would be a great sport to get in shape and lose a little weight."
  2. Why did you stick with wrestling?  "Like most wrestlers, I fell in love with the sport. I got in shape, lost some weight and loved the one-on-one competition as well as the whole team aspect.  I also love the teammates and how well everyone on the team gets along and works hard to help each other out."
  3. How heavy were you?  "As a freshman, I was around 170-180 pounds and as a sophomore I was up to nearly 200.  This season, I am wrestling at 160."
  4. How did you do it?  "I worked hard in the practice room and running and I changed my diet.  During my sophomore year, I became a vegetarian and now I am a vegan.  I feel healthier and so much better."
  5. Who inspires you?  "My teammates inspire me every day.  We work hard together and push each other to be better wrestlers and better teammates."
  6. What wrestler do you admire the most?  "I would have to say Bubba Scheffel.  He was in my weight class when I was a freshman and he was the BMOC and a state champion.  Since he was around my weight, he helped me in the practice room and at matches."
  7. What goals have you set?  "I want to do my best, stay on weight and go as far as I can this season.  As a team captain, I want to help inspire and push my teammates to reach their goals as well."
  8. Who would you like to thank?  "I want to thank my parents, teammates, coaches and anyone who has helped Southern Wrestling and my wrestling career.  This is a great sport and a great team and I want to thank everyone who helped make it that way."
  9. What advice do you have for your teammates?  "Stick it out through the tough times, it always gets better.  Wrestling will get you in shape and will improve your work ethic in sports, in school and in life.  Plus, it's a great outlet for stress and aggression."
  10. Do you have any words of wisdom?  "Stay confident and you can achieve anything!"

No comments:

Post a Comment